STATEMENT OF POLICY: Bacchus Theatre Trust is committed to ensuring that personal details and information is only used and disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected. Bacchus Theatre Trust is committed protect it from misuse within the context of existing obligations under current privacy legislation.
APPLICATION: All participants (Artists), employees and directors of Productions
Means information or opinion that is recorded in any form and whether true or not about an individual whose identity is apparent or can be reasonable be determined from the information or opinion. For example this includes all paper and electronic records, photographs and video recordings.
Is defined as including information or opinion about a person's physical, mental or psychological health, or disability, which is also classified as personal information. This includes information or opinion about a person's health status and medical history, whether recorded or not.
is defined as information relating to a person's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union, or other professional, or trade association membership, sexual preferences, or criminal record that is also classified as personal information about an individual.
In this policy in relation to a minor, includes step parent, an adoptive parent, a foster parent, guardian, or a person who has custody or daily care and control of the minor.
In this policy is defined as someone who carries out a duty on behalf of the company, paid or unpaid, or who is contracted to, or directly employed by the Trust. Information provided to the trust through job applications is also considered employee information.
In this policy is a participant of courses and production under the care of Bacchus Theatre Trust.
In this policy personal information refers to personal information, health information and sensitive information unless otherwise specified.
PROCEDURE: Guide lines.All employees and contractors of Bacchus Theatre Trust are required by law to protect the personal and health information the company collects and holds.
The legislated privacy laws by which we work under provide for the protection of personal and health information.
The privacy laws do not replace any existing obligations Bacchus Theatre Trust has under other laws. Essentially this policy will apply when other laws do not regulate the use of personal information.
Trans border data flows
Transfer of personal and health information outside of our areas of operation may be restricted by privacy laws. Personal and health information may be transferred only if the recipient protects privacy under standards similar to those that are legislated for in your area of operation.
CONTENT: Personal Information is collected and used by Bacchus Theatre Trust to Provide services or to carry out the trusts statutory functions, assist the company services and its employees to fulfil its duty of care to students, plan, resource, monitor and evaluate Trust services and functions, comply with any reporting requirements, comply with statutory and or other legal obligations in respect of students and employees. Investigate incidents or defend any legal claims against the trust, its services or its employees, and comply with laws that impose specific obligations regarding the handling of personal information.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION:The trust collects and holds personal information about students, parents and employees. Use and disclosure of the personal information provided
Artist and Parents/Care Givers:
The purposes for which the trust uses personal information Include:
• Keeping parents informed about matters related to their child's outcomes.
• Looking after Artist's artistic, educational, social and health needs.
• Celebrating the efforts and achievements of Artist's,
• Course and Production administration.
• Satisfying the trusts legal obligations
• Allowing the trust to discharge its duty of care.
The purposes for which the trust uses personal information include:
• Assessing the suitability for employment.
• Administering the individual's employment details or contracts.
• For insurance purposes such as public liability, or work cover.
• Satisfying the Trust's legal requirements.
• Investigating incidents or defending legal claims about the trust, its services.
USE & DISCLOSURE
The Society will use and disclose personal information when:
• General administration duties and statutory functions.
• For the purposes for which it was collected
• For the purpose that is directly related to the reason the information was collected and the use would be reasonably expected by the individual and there is no reason to believe they would object to the disclosure.
The trust can disclose personal information for another purpose when:
• The person consents.
• It is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious or imminent threat to life.
• Health or safety.
• Is required by law or for law enforcement purposes.
• Where consent for the use and disclosure of personal information is required, the trust will seek consent from the appropriate person. In the case of a Artist's personal information, the trustwill seek the consent from the artist and/ or parent depending on the circumstances and the artist's mental ability and maturity to understand the consequences of the proposed use and disclosure.
RESEARCH: Bacchus Theatre Trust will usually only use or disclose an individual's personal or health information for research or the compilation of statistics with the individual's consent.
When research or the compilation of statistics which is in the public interest the trust will generally seek the consent of the artist's or parent/Guardian and will treat consent given by the parent as consent given on behalf of the student.
ACCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
A parent, student or staff member may seek access to their personal information, provided by them, that is held by the trust.
Access to other information maybe restricted according to the requirements of laws that cover the management of trust records. These may include any acts of parliament covering public records and the freedom of information.
UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The trust aims to keep personal information it holds accurate, complete and up-to-date. A person may update their personal information by contacting the "Artistic Director" at the Society's head office
Trust employees and students have use of information communication technologies provided by the trust, including access to the World Wide Web. This use is directed by:
• Acceptable Use policy for internet, email, and other electronic communications.
• IT Security Policy
All reasonable steps will be taken to ensure personal and health information held is safeguarded against misuse, loss, unauthorised access and modification. Personal and health information will be destroyed in accordance with public record disposal schedules or in accordance with the health records act or any other legislative acts the company is governed by
COMPLAINTS UNDER PRIVACY
Should the trust receive a complaint about personal information privacy this will be investigated in accordance with any regulated guide lines enforced and be conducted by the "Artistic Director".
• All personal and health information coming into the trust will be passed to the office for recording, storage, access and destruction as appropriate.
• Course/Production enrolment forms shall have a privacy notice attached.
• Training will be provided to employees to ensure understanding of, and compliance with this policy.
Bacchus Theatre Trust personal and health Information handling processes will be subject to review as part of the policy cycle review schedule.